Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Presence

Your presence dissolved everything I was
and made me the object of love’s affections.
I remember looking in your eyes one day
and wondered how I can make it out to you?
I wasn't expecting to fall in love so easily.

All the same I gave myself to you completely
and there aren't regrets to make me weep.
Soon we were a pair to be admired in the alleys.
We had the kind of love told only in fairy tales.
I accepted you, and you embraced me.

The meeting itself was simple, but endearing.
When first I saw you behind the mud-house,
you looked so elegant and I was very shy 
I lost my tongue and you took my breath away.
Meeting you was my dream come true.

I’ve never known a love so true, as undeniable
as the one I felt for you deep inside me.
Each night I saw you in a new light, you glow so brightly,
so tenderly, very endearing, and when you welcome me 
into your arms, I feel complete, full of admiration.

Now that you are in Accra, will someone take my place?
I know we won’t have the time to spend together,
But, please forever keep me close to your heart.
Don't let the village curse me with laughter on the streets.
I’ll be here, can you remain the love I knew?


No comments:

Post a Comment