Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Treasure Your Heritage or Where You Come From

Is the grass always greener on the other side? Have you ever thought so? I have. I don't know why, I feel that way anytime I hear of a new job, when a new location/residential area is mentioned to me, or a new friend comes my way. I feel like something is missing from my old life and I yearn for the new, and I don't know why I feel that grass is greener at that side. What I do know actually is, it's going to be some sort of greater purpose or career, job or love satisfaction. I then recline into a dream, looking forward to the lawyer lifestyle. I want to feel like I'm working towards some greater goal than just working at some chichi private firm. This is the feeling that takes me over, when I first heard about America when I was in Ghana.

HOME AGAIN
we venture out of our birthplace,
when we feel we hit the dead end
we wave goodbye to our loved ones
and try to forget some we loved


away from home we celebrate all that’s new
but the surprise is the shock and hurt in the new
deep in tears we hear a voice from our past
memories of home come flooding back
soon we tend to forget the new
and wish to go back home again
back at home we realize the past is dead,
we have been away for far too long

No comments:

Post a Comment