Sunday, December 28, 2014

Which Way, Lord?

Staring out into the ocean, with no land in sight,
The world seems so vile ‘cause here and now,
It’s just me and Elyon my hope.

Often, I raise my hands in supplication,
In search of some direction,
To seek clarity in every purest ambition.

The wind and water hit my face, like pellets of reminders,
They tell me the air and water I depend on can hurt me
Just as much as they can nourish me.

Yet still, I hold on to them. I can’t let them go,
Because as much as they hurt at each step
And as much as they nourish, I have nothing else.

And I need them to understand my journey.
The Love of Elyon is pure, yet it comes with pain and pleasure
And we’re told it’s for lessons and satisfaction on the journey.

So, here I stand alone staring out into the ocean,
With no land in sight, it’s only the air and water I depend on.
With nothing in hand, I stand beneath the wings of seagulls.

Logosu, tell me, when the New Year comes to my door
Will my words need plumbers though I rest under his shelter?
Or I’ll need carpenters to reshape how I sit at my place?

2 comments: