Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Just a Poem

I went begging for alms by the road
from sunrise till sundown
nothing did come my way

late that evening I met a man
richly dressed riding a horse
I counted myself so blessed
for meeting him

when he came near
I went towards him with a basket full of hope
praying he would be kind enough
to get from him the best things life could offer

when I closed on him he asked if I had
something to offer him
he was so hungry and could hardly talk
I looked down into my bag
I had a sandwich given me late that noon

when I gave it to him he bowed so low
in order to thank me
his heart was so glad for the meal

when I got home I emptied my bag
I still had the chocolate of yesterday
I was sad for not giving him this too
and as I pondered over the meeting
something came into my mind
how fortunate I am even in my situation

No comments:

Post a Comment