Tuesday, October 14, 2014

After Thousand Years of Drought

You’ve heard it said that, “Where there is a way, there is hope.” I know it's been a long time since you have kept hope by your side.  But are you sure you dug deep enough with hope in your loins? Keep hoping and take the time to prepare yourself for the bounty that will soon be yours. Never be frustrated by what someone said that, “Things that come to those who wait may be things left by those who got there first.” Have you forgotten what my Grandma said, “He who laughs last, laughs best”? Please, your river cometh soon. Good things come to them that trust, wait and hope and dig deep while you wait. Soon your river of good tiding will be cutting through the earth and rushing towards you.

 Dig Deep While You Wait

It seemed close to forever
since some water touched these lips
No way or well I'd found to drink
despite a thousand trips

I saw oases all around
illusions in the air
And rushed headlong in frantic bliss
to grasp at things not there

In sheer and utter hopelessness
I stopped to dig a pit
To bury my frustrations
and to bury me in it

Then rumbles in the distance
caught my ear, I turned to see
A river cutting through the earth
and rushing towards ME!

The once-parched ground steamed hot with hope
and belched a thousand sighs
It filled the pit I'd dug around me
right before my eyes!

I splashed and drank and waded
ever curious as I basked
"Why river, did it take so long
to find me?" soon I asked

"For years I've tried," the river said,
"to reach you in your drought,
At times I almost did
but you were running all about!"

So next time that you seek, friend
curse not others or your fate
Just stop a while and use the time
to dig deep while you wait

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment