Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lets Do Some Self-Evaluation

Another day is with us and I want us to do self-evaluation. During a recent interview I was asked what has been the greatest milestone and accomplishment in my life. Sure, this can also mean the greatest milestone and accomplishment at your workplace, in your marriage or any relationship. I replied honestly that "the greatest milestone and accomplishment was actually the departure from accusing others for problems in my life to accepting responsibilities for my inaction, indecision and lack of awareness. Everything else since that departure has been "very creamy and gravy" As Ronnie Millsap sung, "I Wouldn't Have Missed It For the World!"  I feel the same way! Lets take that decision and witness to ourselves the joy in your change. At first you may doubt yourself with "if" But over time, that "if" will go away.

Gravy and Creamy

What if things never get better?
What if my life stays the same?
What if each day despite effort and pain
its the same game, the same game, the same game?

Well, I promised myself I'd make changes
for that fear was what haunted my mind
So I searched high and low for a means to escape
to find sustenance of a rare kind

Next I harnessed my passion as fuel
called my talents and training to bear
Changed my thoughts and self image to build courage for leaving
with others whose vision I share

I soon found a huge door left wide open
with the promise of freedom beyond
So I cut loose and bolted with no second thoughts
before fear, friends or fame could respond

My commitment was never in question
"forward ever" this mantra of mine
My return on this path was just never an option
so success was a matter of time

And I weathered all life could throw at me
found the lessons in all I endured
Never once felt regret for deciding to try
never once let my dreams get obscured

When you honor the strength of commitment
to embark on the life of your dream
You'll find one day of freedom's worth ninety-nine bound
each day after is just gravy and cream

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment