Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Something inside me is so strong

Have you heard, when a man has a greater power than him
guarding his house, his belongings are undisturbed?
Have you also heard that greater is he that is in you,
than he that is outside in the world roaring at you?
The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become
The farther you take away my breath, the faster I will run.
You can deny me, you can decide to turn your face away;
no matter what you do, there’s something inside me so strong


I know I can make it because I know too well

that there’s is something inside me so strong;
and so long as my Redeemer lives, I’ll make it.
Though you’re doing me wrong, so much wrong
though you thought you’ll crush me dead before sunrise,
you are wrong; there’s something inside me so strong
You can deny me, you can decide to turn your face away
No matter what you do, there’s something inside me so strong

 
To you I’m not good enough and you insist
I’m not good enough, but the more you refuse to hear my voice,
the louder I’ll sing; even if you hide behind walls of Jericho,
your lies will come tumbling down like a dream.
Deny me my place and you squander your time;
my flesh may feel the pain, but it won’t touch my soul.
Soon, my light will shine so bright that it will blind you
because there’s something inside me so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment