Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Jewel

This morning you and I are being toasted
In every alley of the village because you are mine. 
The day I met you was a wish come true for the women. 


Grandma says: your smile brings out the best in the village,
The women also say you are the greatest gift ever.
It’s the way you smile and laugh and show your love.

Ever since you came, the sky shows a new shade of blue. 
It is brighter, like the gods are revealing their feelings;
And we melt every day when we look into your eyes. 

With you we will make it through every thick and thin;
As long as you are with me like the pea is to the pod, 
Our heart will grow together to weather every storm.  

One thing do I ask of you: can you never say never;
Can you always be loving and kind, so gentle, and so sweet, 
And with you by my side, life will be simply complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment