Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Ballard of the Sand


Fudzikomele my dear,
The mother we hired to birth you
Because she does not love me, leads you
Into deep waters, to the deep end
Where the water is darker.

Her open, encouraging arms
That never get nearer you are merciless.
You will dream of this water always
Where nothing comes nearer to your comfort,
Wasting your valuable breath now and then
You will scream choking , but no.

Unknowingly, she is drowning
In a forever thin air of the fog on her nose
Down at the deep end and she is doing nothing,
Really, she never did anything harder.
And you want me beside her. Maybe, in imagination.
Where the water is darker everyday unending.

Think positively and the sound will be music
And your moves will become a dance for you.
I wish I can turn this wry smile into laughter
And our long drought into a celebration of joy
But, you are learning how in this helpless water
It is with our skill we live else it will kills us.


No comments:

Post a Comment