Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Where’s the Love?


Often, when my eyes survey the world
They see joy lost and everywhere peace is gone;
And to earth falls flat pleas as dreams lay torn
From the lips of tears and misery I hear anguish
In panic my blood runs cold at things that unfold
When I shake hands with hurts and pain and melancholy.
It’s here I asked myself, where is the promised love?

With hope bereft and despair disguised as gentle arms
I went to the church and feathers of hope fell off me
I went to the village grounds and met open betrayals
On each street corner are greed, paybacks and spite
And all that can break your back left me dismayed.
I choked on the smiles on lips and the love on fingertips
And I asked myself, where is the love we talked about?

I cannot be at peace when people are not free.
And all that come to sooth the soul is angst
I ask myself is this what the revolution was about?
I see people who cannot marry the love of their lives.
I see countries and families torn apart by war and strife.
I met the nakedness of freedom, racism and inequality,

With a wounded heart that silently weeps
I do not think this is how it's supposed to be.
Like a seed that blows in the gentle breeze,
I want to spread love and put bigotry down on one knee.
Every human and every soul deserves happiness.
They shouldn't be harmed; we must lose bitterness.
But why have we lost love in our world?

Deep within my heart, there is a scorching flame
That demands I help my fellow man and woman
They scream at me to give them my hand.
My one wish is to deliver upon the world a soothing rain.
To cast away the reign of intolerance and fear,
To deliver humanity from tyranny's pain and torture
That a lifeless soul or a faceless one losses not the self




No comments:

Post a Comment