Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Good Night

 
today after the final quarrel I burned all your letters
raked all memories of you inside me and like an
avenging angel chased out passions including a handful
of minor odors of sanctity left in the secret spaces of my heart
 
there’s nothing in the archives or in the attics about you
even the ice cream’s gone too and what is left is me
the one of whom you said will forever weep in church
as no one will marry me even if it’s in a cheap off-season hotel room
 
don’t know what nourished your theology but after the renunciation
I’ve retired into a glorious body with passions for jamming
with margarita all night long and surely I no longer go in
for simple irrational desires wanting to be touched
the way an otter loves water and patronize anything
like a cruel medieval baron but will be the way a giraffe
ambles the edge of the forest and nuzzles the tender leaves
dancing on top of the trees in the evergreen forest
 
what I become from now on is none of your business but
just understand the shift of power and perhaps my body from now
will plunge into things so eagerly like a powerful dog not
stopping for anything nor for you because between us
it’s Good Night from me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment