Sunday, October 27, 2013

WHY CAN'T YOU LET ME GO?

you stand behind that old brown curtain
dressed as always in that Dana-Buchman-Twisted-Ponte
dress stained from sweats and dungs from the armpits
wanting to teach me the two-step and a turn dance
while stroking your rump in my face at every turn
and you don’t want me to pick up my suitcase and go

 you want me to smooth the hair back from your forehead
and kiss your neck with longings enough to make cows blink
you said you need my help like we need the jukebox for free
that’s why you grab my bag and nod to me to enter the house
to unpack the sack while you continue to stroke your rump
in my face till I can’t tell the river from the rain

then you undressed, and put on your red Sweet-Sixteen
lingerie and asked me to unzip you because you like that
you then pulled down the straps of my shirt
and unbuttoned my pants before I could ask a question
why do you do these things to me when you know
we both belong to somebody else and we can’t give
each other anything anymore than just a wink

often when alone I think about you
and wish you could call before anyone gets home
moments like this I wait anxiously by the phone
and wish you were here but, when I think the more
about you and me I ask myself many questions
how could something so wrong be so right
but I hate to think about us not together

why do you these things to me when you know
we both belong to somebody else and we can’t give
each other anything anymore than just a wink
I know it will break our hearts than the burning at the stake
but we can’t safely keep this secret for long and I can’t
secretly shuffle back and forth through your door every time 

why can’t you let me grab my bag and go

No comments:

Post a Comment